Procurement and Operations Professional, with more than 17 years of experience in world class environments including pharmaceutical, industrial equipment manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and high speed food manufacturing. Leads by example. Transitions easily between strategic planning and tactical execution. Background in Data Analysis, Reporting (both operational and financial), cost containment, balance sheet/cash-flow management, interpreting technical requirements including drawings/schematics, and various production and fulfillment management roles.
President - Karst Resources LLC
September 2017 - Present
Training evaluations and solutions provided as requested. Customized training and procedure programs created for customers in order to run in a self-sufficient manner after consultation has concluded. Evaluations are conducted by shadowing and interviewing department personnel to ascertain strengths and weaknesses. Providing evaluations to leadership to provide a roadmap for individual mentoring. Training courses developed for organizations in a growth state. Training programs are intended to allow an organization to continue growth without slowing operations to respond to changes in company structure. Fully intended to address supply and operations personnel, leaving management free to concentrate on front office growth and customer demands.
Procurement Manager & Operations Management - Express Scripts Inc.
June 2014 - August 2017
• Work closely with Finance, A/R, A/P, Sales, and IT Departments to ensure proper reporting and compliance needs are consistently met.
• Review, redline, and approve all supplier contract documents to ensure that they meet the standards to fulfill all procurement and inventory management requirements.
• Accountable for ordering and maintaining supply of inventory valued in excess of $4.5 Billion annually.
• Key contact for contract and pricing negotiations. • Understanding of market environment, reacting to Intel received from Pharma and/or Sales in order to better our position in the marketplace with both suppliers and customers.
• Implemented progress reporting program for both Sr. Leadership visibility and implementation of measures to maintain continued success daily using Six Sigma Principles.
• Set department goals and managed ongoing performance using KPI’s to exceed corporate expectation in relation to safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost, inventory, and morale.
• Directed monthly Physical Inventory counts and reconciliation process ensuring the security, viability, and accountability of products and supplies
• Operational Project lead for implementation of Oracle WMS system for Specialty Division of the business. Ensuring smooth transition and proper training for affected personnel.
• $7.5MM+ in direct cost avoidance by identifying and solving for gap in integration process by organizing a team to correct issues and lead prevention from future occurrence.
• Improved prompt-pay capture rate from 90% to 99.9% by streamlining interdepartmental process and implementing additional vendor scoring methods to decrease disputes on supplier billing.
• Developed department training and compliance program to ensure proper training and compliance from all direct/indirect reports resulting in measurable compliance increase of 82%
• Overhaul of strategy to maximize supplier payment of fees and discounts resulting in $890k+ per year in additional revenue.
• Altered contract review process, resulting in added ability to negotiate favorable outcomes both annually and as supplier metric scores dictated.
• Oversaw and implemented actions to achieve 83.6% Reduction in excess Inventory.
• Anticipated demand of products for various Clean-Rooms during period of extreme market shortage – allowing pilot program to stay on track with no issues due to supply – preventing a direct loss of over $6.6MM
• Independently Identified Drug Mapping Issues on Multiple NDC’s that would have resulted in incorrect dispenses and headed effort to prevent missed commitments and incorrect dispenses.
Purchasing & Office Manager - W. D. Laramore Mfg., Inc.
May 1999 - December 2013
• Liaison between high priority customers and departments, communicating customer need and establishing deliverables.
• Responsible for troubleshooting technical and scheduling issues through duration of projects.
• Interacted with other departments to ensure timeliness of project deliverables, communicating progress to customer.
• Implemented spreadsheet creation and maintenance system to provide data relevant to situational concerns.
• Managed Department; managing contract negotiations, creating quotes, proposals, price plans, and purchase orders.
• Monitored job performance, progress, and cost for all pending contracts.
• Oversaw all purchasing department activity with multiple direct reports.
• Coded billing and authorized all payments to vendors.
• Managed all domestic and international freight requirements from LTL, Truckload, Private Transport, Emergency shipments, Ocean and Air Freight, and Parcel Delivery Services balancing customer delivery requirements with company freight cost targets
• Implemented outgoing shipment quality assurance checks, reducing quality and quantity errors by 25%
• Negotiated terms and pricing structure with common freight vendors, increasing discounts from an average of 22% to an average of 76%
• Negotiated pricing agreements, terms, and delivery schedules of all incoming parts and supplies while decreasing costs and improving on-time deliveries by 30%
• Established and Maintained supplier relationships by incorporating new vendors, reducing costs, and streamlining vendors to provide added value.
• Negotiated discounts through blanket orders, stocking agreements, part substitution, and increased vendor understanding of final product.
• Instituted service follow up surveys in order to assure all customer needs have been met.
• Collaborated with customers to develop individualized equipment setup plan.
• Developed in-depth knowledge of Accounting and Operations software including but not limited to Oracle, SAP, Quickbooks for Manufacturing, MiSys Manufacturing, LMS/WMS Solutions, Microsoft Office Suite
• Microsoft Office Suite - Including advanced Excel Skills.
• Oracle WMS
• SAP Purchasing
• Manhattan iSeries
• MiSYS Manufacturing
• AutoCAD LT
• Familiar with various ERP systems
• SOP, P&P, and Training Development
• Trained in Lean Methodology
• Six Sigma Green Belt